HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Linda Derry <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Mon, 27 Nov 2000 18:02:21 -0600
For what it is worth:  I know that Nick Lucketti (of Jamestown excavations)
excavated similar well with barrels in a 17th century site in Poquoson, Va.
back in the late 1070s or early 1980s.  (perhaps at other sites too) He may
be a good expert to contact.  He may have done some research on the topic,
and you could at least compare notes on excavated barrels.

Linda Derry, Director
Old Cahawba - AHC
719 Tremont St.
Selma, AL 36701 - 5446
ph. 334/875-2529 / email: [log in to unmask]