HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
basedowm <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 20 Feb 2001 18:12:18 -0500
They are certainly not ivy and don't look like grape leaves although I would
guess there are variations on these I would not recognize. What they do look
like, very much so, are tobacco leaves (something we see a lot of in North
Carolina and therefore pretty easy to spot). I will try to get a photo of our
best example but, as you probably know, these things are tough to get a good
picture of.

Maureen Basedow
Assistant Professor
Anthropology Program