HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

From:
Gronenborn <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 14 Dec 2000 22:15:52 +0100
At 15:20 14.12.00 -0500, you wrote:
>Robert Schuyler wrote:
>>It is "Historical Archaeology" not "Historic" - I usually
>>interpret such use as the sign of a prehistorian who is not really
>>in our field. Let us all be consistent.
>

>Not to mention grammatically correct.
>
>MCB

Usually I do not comment on the list. But the notion of a "a prehistorian
who is not really
>>in our field" or "prehistorians" is a bit derogatory.

Is this not much more a matter of thorough education ?

Sorry to take it this far ... and this comment comes from a German
(European)...
(I will abstain from any further comments on any political issues).

best wishes

D. Gronenborn

(Dr. Detlef Gronenborn)
_____