HISTARCH Archives

HISTORICAL ARCHAEOLOGY

HISTARCH@COMMUNITY.LSOFT.COM

Don Rotell <[log in to unmask]>
Fri, 29 Sep 2000 10:27:48 -0700
I am currently documenting and evaluating sites within a historic mining
district that displays numerous landscape features that I believe are
related to various forms of placer mining.  These include a variety of
tailings, ditches, trenches, and reservoirs.  Does anyone know of any
references that may be useful for documentation and evaluation ?  I'm
specifically interested in typologies or reports that could shed light on
the type mining technologies responsible for such features.  Other
evaluations of mining sites or districts that include landscape features
may also be helpful.  Any help would be greatly appreciated!