From:
Drew Capuder <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 12 Feb 2002 07:08:25 -0500
Tim Dickinson wrote in response to my earlier message about the Kubelik
set:

>I agree with Drew that going with a complete set can save money if you
>want to hear all of the symphonies, and Kubelik's is as good as any.  A&B
>also has Solti, Haitink and probably others for around the same price as
>Kubelik, but I would go with Kubelik.

Tim, thanks for the advice on A&B Sound.  I've ordered from A&B in
the past, and actually checked for the Kubelik set, but I only used
the conductor name search, and Kubelik's Mahler set didn't come up.
So I searched by the composer name, as you suggested, and I found the
Kubelik set at the very reasonable price you mentioned in your post.

I noticed A&B also has the complete Ozawa and Abbado sets, although at
about double the prices of the Kubelik, Solti, Bernstein (Sony), Haitink,
and Tennstedt sets.

Drew Capuder