From:
Roberto Strappafelci <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 10 Jan 2001 23:29:06 +0100
Kevin Sutton wrote:

>While on the subject of early sacred music, pick up the Requiem masses by
>the Portuguese composers Duarte Lobo and Manuel Cardoso by Jeremy Summerly
>and the Oxford camarata on Naxos!  (Avoid the Tallis Scholars' recording of
>same at all costs!)

I have always appreciated Summerly's recordings on Naxos, except maybe
for G. de Machaut (some flatness in my opinion), even if some professional
singers friends of mine consider them well below the Tallis Scholars or
the Ars Nova (a Danish group I think, but I may be wrong)

Roberto Strappafelci