Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 11 Jan 2001 00:57:14 +0100
From:
Philip Peters <[log in to unmask]>
Todd Michel McComb wrote:

>This performance is quite dated.  The choice of instruments does not
>reflect current research, and the vocal style is very 20-years-ago.
>Unless you're a Kirkby/Rogers fan, I'd stay well clear.  ...

I always find it difficult to judge recordings/intepretations by whether
they reflct current research or not.  I think I would miss a lot of great
musical experiences that way, for example if I wouldn't allow myself to
*love* Richter's SMP as much as Herreweghe's (which I actually do and
what's more, I am in the good company of Masaaki Suzuki here...).  Still
I would be interested in hearing opinions on Paul van Nevel's *Lagrimae*
which I love a lot...

Philip