From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 12 Aug 2001 22:06:54 -0400
Did they share the same room when in Salzburg? I'm trying to get a job with
a gossip magazine, and the info.  could land me the position.

Brad wrote in his continued pursuit of stamping out my review methodology:

>Is the lower left quadrant of frog A's liver better than the lower left
>quadrant of frog B's liver... or the livers of fifty other frogs?

Who cares about frogs? Let's talk about my wonderful and large dog we named
General Jackson; actually, he seems to prefer Admiral Jackson and always
answers to AJ.  In terms of total architecture, he's one imposing animal.
When he walks me in the neighborhood or park, many folks get out of the way
just in case he's in a foul mood.  However, our friends have commented on
the individual parts that he's made up of:

1.  The paws are huge with long nails which are razor-sharp.  I'd use them
to shave my legs if I was that kind of guy.

2.  His legs are very long.  Consequently, he stands as tall as a small
human adult.

3.  The chest is immense and hard as a rock.

4.  AJ has a big red nose which gives him a menacing look when set against
his white fur.

5.  His mouth and jaw are so wide that a human head fits in there.  I've
put my head in his mouth, and he's been nice enough not to chomp down.

6.  The ears are the tallest I've seen on a dog, and they have sharp
pointed tips.  He looks like he could receive secret/coded messages using
the latest technology.

7.  AJ can leap over residential storage structures and 6 foot fencing;
folks on the other side run for cover.

8.  Best of all, his long tail is a powerful weapon.  Twice, he
inadvertantly smacked it into my wife who fell to the floor in heap.

Is it the totality or the sum of the ingredients? - both.  Of course, this
has nothing to do with music anymore than Brad's croaking frogs, but I love
talking about my magnificent beast.

This will be the last time I respond to Brad's critcisms of my reviews,
although factual questions will always be answered if presented nicely.
As I see it, Brad wants me to toe the line as he perceives it; that's
a waste of effort.  I'm contrary, anti-social, and completely
anti-intellectual.  Except for classical music, my interest in high
art approximates that of my dog AJ.  Brad might need to slough off the
little rut he's now in: I review and post - he reads - he gets bothered -
he complains to the group.  I have contributed to this rut by always
responding to his complaints, but no more.  I am setting myself free - free
at last!

One final note.  I'm looking into human cloning with the hope that one day
there will be a whole bunch of little Don's doing great reviews that have
no meaning.  Me and my younger relatives will reduce, deconstruct, and then
lift sound-bites to the supreme apex where they have always rightfully
belonged.

Don Satz