From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 28 Jun 2001 14:11:52 -0400
The Bach record collectors on the list might find the following new
recordings rather tempting:

CBC 1141 - Solo Cello Suites performed on viola by Rivka Golani.  The set
should be available in the US on 17 July.

CPO 999756 - Volume 10 of Gerhard Weinberger's traversal of Bach's organ
works.  Also available on 17 July.  Each of the volumes comes at a
significantly reduced price.

Danacord 527 & 528 - Two separate discs of organ works performed by Hans
Helmut Tillmanns.  #527 has choral preludes, 528 has toccatas & fugues.

As an aside, I've mentioned the distaste that my wife has for organ music;
same with her mom (runs in the family).  Whenever I'm in a gloomy mood
lately, I tell her that it must be the organ music causing it.  She
considers that a perfectly reasonable justification for having the blues.
Her advice - "Stop listening to it".

Don Satz