From:
Keith Bramich <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 14 Jan 2001 14:58:54 +0000
   Gunnar Johansen is a legend. That is, his existence is of fable and
   myth.

   His gigantic recording output is occasionally recalled. His association
   with Egon Petri and Busoni is sometimes remembered. His compositions
   are not more than distant tales dimly heard.

   It is most apt that he heralded from the Scandinavian north -- home
   of deep fogs, obscure tales, mighty feats and acts of magic power
   now lost in the mists of time. And from those mists comes the occasional
   flash of lightening.

Today at Music & Vision, Gordon Rumson uses pictures, words and sound to
tell the extraordinary story of Gunnar Johansen:

   http://www.mvdaily.com/articles/2001/01/johansn1.htm?a

Music & Vision is edited by Basil Ramsey and published daily,
only on the net, and completely free of charge.

To receive a copy of our January newsletter, send a blank email to
[log in to unmask] - we won't sell or give away your email address
to anyone, and will only use it to send one newsletter per month.

Keith Bramich
Technical editor
Music & Vision magazine