From:
Alan Moss <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 31 Oct 2000 21:35:58 -0000
Engulf her in Ravel.  Almost anything by Ravel is enchanting and
intoxicating.  But Daphnis & Chloe culminates in the orgasmic climax of
the two young lovers - is this the sort of thing you had in mind perhaps?
L'enfant et les Sortileges is also concerned with enchantment.  And
Scheherazade - so full of Eastern promise!  And the Introduction And
Allegro - absolutely enchanting.

Music for young lovers:  Romeo & Juliet has been mentioned, but try
Prokofiev's ballet score, or West Side Story.  R&J also suggests Delius -
lots of things by Delius will enchant.  And those Polovtsians of Borodin
certainly knew a thing or two about dancing enchantment.  Then there's that
enchanting ballet music that comes in the middle of the Grand March from
Aida (Gloria al' Egitto).

Puccini is so erotic, don't you think? La Boheme never fails.  Or is it a
serenade that will turn her on? Siegfried Idyll if you must, but I'd rather
turn to Elgar.  Serenade for Strings, of course, or his other charming
little pieces.

Or whisper in her ear with the gnomes and sylphs of Berlioz' Faust.

But to me one of the most enchanting pieces is that wonderfully languid,
melismatic ladies' chorus in John Adams' The Death of Klinghoffer.  But
then I'm male.

Alan Moss