From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 23 Oct 2000 08:00:09 +1100
Steve Schwartz wrote:

>I've known Truscott's writings for years and this is the first I've
>heard that he also wrote music.  Any recommendations?

Marco Polo 8.223674 contains his Suite in G, Elegy for String Orchestra,
and Symphony in E, played by the National Symphony of Ireland conducted
by Gary Brain, who rescued Marek from obscurity.  It's great music, IMHO,
and the Elegy is on a par with Barber's Adagio.

Marco Polo 8.223727, which I haven't heard, has Trio for flute, violin
& viola in A major, Sonata No.  1 for clarinet & piano, Violin Sonata,
Meditation for solo cello and Sonata for cello and piano.

Richard Pennycuick