From:
Richard Pennycuick <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 22 Oct 2000 11:33:28 +1100
I recently bought James Conlon's version of the 1st and 2nd symphonies on
EMI and am very taken with them.  In particular, the first contains a quite
beautiful theme that Brahms would have liked; perhaps he heard it.  It was
not until I checked Zemlinsky in Grove that I found that there's a Symphony
No 3 (I don't mean the Lyric Symphony) for which I haven't been able to
find any trace of a recording.  Does anyone know of one?

Richard Pennycuick