From:
Dave Lampson <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 17 Oct 2000 13:29:35 -0700
Alex Soteros asked:

>Can you think of any artist who is both a composer and an author?

It would be a much shorter list if we were to identify composers who
were not also authors.  That may be a bit of exaggeration, but from
my reading I'm under the impression that a large fraction of composers
were also authors, some prolifically so.  Wagner's writings have received
some attention on the list.  Many composers also wrote on historical or
theoretical matters.  In my experience, very few highly talented people
can totally avoid the written word, and this includes composers.

But perhaps Alex is only looking for authors of poetry, fiction, etc., and
then perhaps only if they are popular enough to still be in print.

Dave
http://www.classical.net/