From:
Deryk Barker <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 14 Oct 2000 18:58:24 -0700
Ray Bay ([log in to unmask]) wrote:

>Two pianos is just a promotional gimmick...  the two women performers
>haven't been able to find enough works for dual pianos to match their
>popularity...  Those two have recorded or performed a number of works
>that were not originally intended for dual pianos.

And yet seem to have avoided much of the 4-hand literature:  AFAIK they
have not recorded, to pick a few examples, and someone will tell me if I'm
wrong, Schubert'4 4-hand music (of which there is enough to fill 7 CDs much
of it great music, little known), Beethoven's Op.134 - the 4-hand Grose
Fugue, Brahm's 4-hand version of the St. Anthony Variations, his 2 piano
versions of all four symphonies, Debussy's 2 piano arrangement of La
Mer....

And then there's the *obscure* stuff...:-)

Deryk Barker