From:
Wendy Floyd <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 7 Oct 2000 16:14:59 +1300
Pablo wrote:

>The problem with horses is that they often express their musical criticisms
>on the stage and without any euphemism.  Creatures to be afraid of, indeed.
>If I don't remember bad, Toscanini had once an episode of this kind with an
>elephant, during a production of "Aida".

I know I am going from the sublime to the comic, but I recall helping
backstage for an amateur production of 'White Horse Inn'.  There were 2
goats and very little room in the wings.  Their musical opinion was the
least of our problems - they loved chewing at the lichen on the rustic
bench waiting for the next scene.  And for dessert they were fond of the
skirts of the women in the chorus.

Wendy F
Auckland NZ