From:
Bob Draper <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 7 Aug 2000 11:19:55 +0000
Fredrik Soderstrom wrote:

>Kim Patrick Clow <[log in to unmask]> wrote:
>
>>Speaking of ongoing "complete recordings".  Naxos mentioned five years ago
>>a complete recording of all the Vivaldi Concerti.  This was in 1995/96.
>>Unless they plan on dumping about 75 cds, I gather they are way way behind
>>on their project.  Any one have info on that cycle?
>
>There are so far 14 Vivaldi discs in their catalogue with names like "X
>Concertos vol.  x".  The catalogue still claims that "Over the next five
>years, we will record the complete concertos of Vivaldi" so I guess we have
>to be patient.

But Naxos also announced a complete recording of the Haydn piano
trios 5 years ago.  That too seems to have vanished without trace!

Who can understand the way Naxos operate? They seem to make decisions
on the fly to me.  For instance we often find they issue things like
Grieg's Noctures volume 1 and 2 which suddenly metamorphosis into complete
piano music volumes and and two without of course any change to labels.
However perhaps it is because of this rather than inspite of it that we
love Naxos so much.

Bob Draper