From:
William Jenks <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:34:11 -0500
Jeremey McMillan raised the silly:

>>...tendency to associate Classical music and Intelligence.

To which Steve Schwartz added:

>Marketing, pure marketing.  [...ploys] ...reinforced by the movies,

And to which I add:

Anyone read Vroon's column in the May/June 2000 issue of ARG? The tone of
the article is:

   "Classical Music is good and reflects intelligence and class.
   Elitism about it is Good.  TV is Bad and reflects nothing but stupidity.
   Anyone who disagrees with me is Bad." (There are other points, but
   this is a lot of it.)

I suppose he's being consistent in that he claims not to care if it ever
has any significant popularity beyond his elite, but he sure knows how
to write so as to insure he creates a self-fulfilling prophesy.

William Jenks