From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Jun 2000 22:18:16 -0400
Trying to find out if the Vienna Symphony concert of April 29&30
this year, in which Wellesz' 3rd symphony in A was to be premiered,
went ahead as scheduled; how it was reviewed; whether it will lead to a
recording.  I have heard the other symphonies of this composer but not this
never-before-performed one, and can only say that I am stunned by the first
two symphonies especially, very much impressed by symphony 4, and think
very well of the rest.  The 3rd I have not seen in score (the LoC has a
copy), have not heard (no performance before April 29/30, no midi, and I
only learned of the April 29/30 performance- if it in fact happened-
today), but would expect to be on the same level as such contemporary
works as his octet (just about the same opus number iirc) for instance.

Was anyone here, at the concert? Does anyone here have any news?  This
inquiring mind very much wants to know...

-Eric Schissel
http://www.lightlink.com/schissel ICQ#7279016