Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 1 Oct 2001 16:57:30 -0500
From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Tim Mahon:

>Two Words: About Music is an idea.  Inspired by a love of classical music
>beyond the core repertoire regularly programmed in concerts and on radio,
>it is intended to be an information service and a venue for discussion
>covering neglected composers, their life, times, works and legacies.  The
>Website and electronic delivery components of the service are intended to
>go live in January 2002.  Meanwhile, we are interested in getting early
>reaction from potential subscribers and participants and are thus asking
>for your feedback in the form of a response to the following market
>research questions.  ...  Please feel free to comment on any aspect of
>the proposed service, whether or not there are questions appropriate to
>your particular point of view.

I'm a bit confused.  You're charging money for stuff you can get for free
on the Internet right now.  There are discussion groups -- this is one of
them.  Perhaps the obscure composers you mention aren't discussed, but that
doesn't mean they couldn't be.  As to the reviews, bio, biblio, etc., again
there are free web structures already available -- www.classical.net and
Music on the Web, just two of them.

I don't see what distinguishes your service from these free facilities.

Steve Schwartz