Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Mon, 23 Apr 2001 22:06:44 -0400
From:
Stirling Newberry <[log in to unmask]>
Satoshi Akima writes:

>They report that he collapsed during Act 3 of Aida and was carried
>unconscious to the Deutsches Herzzentrum (German Cardiac Center) but
>was not successfully resuscitated.
>
>What a huge loss to the music world.  I am stunned to hear it.

To die in a bunker in peace time is indeed a sad thing, anyone who has
seen Deutche Oper knows what I mean.  But truthfully, all musicians should
be so fortunate as to die making music, and to leave something unfinished

For me Sinopli is forever linked with Tosca, an opera so suited to his
style of mercurial changes of tempo and mood, exageration of gesture and
search for a vocal phrasing.  Steal money, and you are a thief.  Steal
time, and you are an Italian Conductor...

Stirling Newberry
http://www.mp3.com/ssn