Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 11 Oct 2000 23:40:05 -0400
From:
Peter Goldstein <[log in to unmask]>
Kim Patrick Clow asked:

>how many dies iraes are there? I would gather that Verdi's and Mozart's
>would be the most ...dramatic...?

If I remember right, we didn't just do Requiems.  We also included works
that quoted the traditional Dies Irae theme, including Berlioz' Symphonie
Fantastique and Saint-Saens' Danse Macabre.  Someone else would be better
qualified to list all the Requiems out there.

Peter

 [In that case check out Charles Cave's "Requiem Web" at:

   http://members.optusnet.com.au/~charles/Requiem/

 -Dave]