Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Wed, 4 Oct 2000 17:27:23 +0100
From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Mats Norrman:
>
>>Now I invite others to tell about their best musical gifts they have got!
>
>Well I've just received from a colleague a little paper package containing
>a dead fish.  I don't know if this is a musical gift (this colleague is not
>a violinist, but he always carries a violin case), and I'm not sure about
>its meaning.

HAHAHA!!!!  It might sound odd, but this *is* a musical gift - almost.
Musicians are civilized people, and therefore, while back in the orchestra,
I did like something worthy the ancient Greeks; I sent a fish to a
orchestra friend named Emil, BUT I was civilized; I sent a rubber imitation
fish.  My friend however turned out to be a barbarian, as I some days later
found in me mailbox a little package stinking fish, which I dumped in the
garbagecan without opening as the most prudent option.

 [Private message to Emil:  LOOK!  Now you are in the classical Archieves.
You never thought you and your fish should end up there, eh?]

After that I have by and then practiced this habit of sending fish to
people to find out which are barbarians and who are civilized, and the
latter category have always, although maybe with one raised eyebrow,
thanked me with a smile for the gift, and humbly and gratefully accepted
it, and did not send real hardcore fish back.

 [private message to Mr. Massa: The fish was not from me!!]

 [private message to the list: DON'T leave out my postal address to Mr.
Massa!!]

>PS: If you don't read a post of mine in the next five days, please call
>911.

911? Is that a second hand shop?

Mats Norrman