Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 13 Jul 2000 16:35:37 -0500
From:
Chris Bonds <[log in to unmask]>
Robert Peters wrote:

>What are some of your magic moments of music? I am very interested in
>hearing from you.

Well, they change over time. Some of mine have been and are:

The short chorus "Surely, this was the Son of God" from Bach's St. Matthew
Passion.

A spot in the development section of the first movement of Schubert's C
major quintet, where the same phrase is repeated a 4th up.

Butterfly's last words, just before she gently urges her son to go off and
play.

The repeated one-note horn calls in the slow movement of Schubert's 9th.
(Listen to Furtwaengler's studio recording on DGG)

The moment of transformation in Holst's "Saturn" where the basses come in.

The cello tune of the slow movement of Dvorak's "American" quartet.  Its
longing is infinite!

There is a little viola section thingie in the "Adagietto" of Mahler's 5th,
at the end of the first period.

Oh, and of course the drumming in "Cut Across Shorty" by Rod Stewart!  ;-)

Lots more that I can't think of now...

Now you know stuff about me that few people do.

Chris Bonds