From:
bob harrison <[log in to unmask]>
Reply To:
Date:
Tue, 29 Aug 2000 06:54:01 -0500
Dennis Crutchfield wrote:

> Hello folks,
> I was just wondering , on a two queen setup, do you break them down into two
> hives, before winter sets in or leave them together?
> thanks
> Dennis
Hello Dennis,
Haven't talked to you in awhile. Most people combine the colony in
Missouri after the honey flow has started. About June 10th. I assume you
still live in Missouri! eggs layed after then will not help with the
main honey flow and  when they become workers will eat a huge amount of
your honey crop if supers are not pulled after main flow is over.
I assume they are still seperate so if you want increase you could
seperate and go thru the winter with two colonies.
Sincerely,
Bob Harrison