From:
Theresa Stacy <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 24 Aug 2000 01:59:34 -0400
Bach has to get my vote.....next come Handel, Mendelssohn and Britten.
Does anyone else that' s a singer have different opinions based on
whether you are singing a composer's work as opposed to listening to
it?  For instance, I find that when singing a choral work by Bach I am
more overwhelmed by the combination of sound and the way it so perfectly
reflects the lyrics....more so then when just listening to it.  And as for
Handel....well, as I contemplate singing The Messiah for the hundredth time
and decide old Handel needs to hit the bottom of the list, all it takes is
the wall of perfect sound around me in " Worthy Is The Lamb" or "With His
Stripes" etc.  and I have to place him back toward the top....

Theresa Stacy