From:
Christopher Webber <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 26 Jun 2000 08:11:44 +0100
Robert Clements writes:

>I've been listening to some of his best scores - the Mysterious Mountain,
>Celestial Gate & Magnun symphonies; the lovely Prayer of St Gregory (i
>prefer the trumpet/organ arrangement) & of course, And God Created Great
>Whales - over the last few days to toast his memory; & will continue to
>give thanks for the pleasure Hovhaness's music - & artistic example -
>continues to give.

Well said.  In our case, my wife and I settled for the lovely "Avak the
Healer" sung by Marni Nixon on Crystal Records, and the composer's own
record of the "Prospect Hill" Piano Sonata.  The Gentle Giant remains
with us in spirit.

Christopher Webber,  Blackheath, London,  UK.
http://www.nashwan.demon.co.uk/zarzuela.htm
"ZARZUELA!"