From:
Eric Schissel <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 9 Apr 1999 21:28:32 -0400
Have probably said this already (don't recall) but her Leviathan with
bassoon is an interesting piece, and there may be a work of hers recorded
soon, I vaguely seem to recall?... The news of her death is saddening.

Classico is a Danish label.  It's been around for at least, hrm, 3-4 years,
perhaps more, having announced itself with fine recordings of Sibelius
7/Nielsen 1, more recently having come out with a lot of British music 'tis
true (VW Job I think, Bax 6, Jacob 2) and other things besides (Holmboe 2nd
brass quintet for instance)...  one of the more enterprising small labels
(though there's thankfully a lot of competition for .that.  title!) And,
yes, Gipps 2.  I didn't know they'd already released it though...  good
for them.  Hope I get to hear it soon.

Eric Schissel
http://www.lightlink.com/schissel ICQ#7279016