From:
Pablo Massa <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 12 Oct 2000 13:44:15 -0300
Peter Goldstein to Stirling Newberry:

>>One year a friend of mine at WHRB lobbied for a "Dies Irae" orgy, starting
>>with the chants and working forward, to be done, out of the traditional
>>slot for orgies, around Halloween.
>
>We actually did a Dies Irae orgy when I was at WHRB (1972-76), although as I
>remember, we confined it to Baroque and afterwards.

Gentlemen, In my humble opinion there's hardly a less accurate music
for an orgy than a "Dies Irae".  Excepting the verse "qua resurget ex
favilla", the aphrodisiac quality of this poem can be seriously questioned.
Sincerely, I can't imagine my partners taking their clothes off with
"flammis acribus addictis" and "cor contritum quasi cinis" as background
words.  Perhaps I'm too impressionable?

Brrr...!!!.

Pablo Massa