From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 5 Aug 2000 20:54:27 +0200
Browsing Amazons sites I came across a recording which to me seems very
beautiful.  Fortunately Amazon has those soundfiles so one can have a
prewiew.  I am talking about the "Walkuere" of Bruno Walter and the Vienna
Philarmonics which was recorded in 1935, thought to be a complete recording
of the opera, but Anschluss came between and only the first act has so far
been recorded (I wrote "so far" with the little wish that perhaps in some
time when Bill Pirkle has refined his software, he will have a version that
can do the rest as Walter might have done it ;-).  The singers are just as
fine as Walters conducting, and Elizabeth Schumann, who can be heard in
Walters recording, might make a perfect Sieglinde.  She sounds so tender,
female and fragile.  I hope you visit the site and take a listen to the
soundfiles at the following URL:

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ISBN=B000003UJ5/classicalnetA/

Just beautiful!

Mats Norrman