From:
John Grant <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 16:50:48 -0700
Don Satz writes:

>The third 2-cd set volume of Mozart piano concertos from Jarrett on ECM.
>Although, in his previous 2 volumes, Jarrett is a little low on energy, I
>do love his flow and poetry.

Speaking of Jarrett, his Handel Suites are an absolute find.  Where I'm
not that keen on his WTC, ALL of the Handel is brilliantly played.  I
have no less than S.  Richter performing a number of them.  I much prefer
Jarrett, and that's hard for me to say, because I'm a Richter nut.  Really,
quite matchless Handel.  His Shostakovich P and F are nothing to sneeze
at either.  Although he does not plumb the depths of the more difficult
material the way Richter does, who only recorded a limited number of them.

John Grant
http://artists.mp3s.com/artists/42/john_lewis_grant.html