From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 17:12:23 PDT
John Smyth, after providing a few examples of gay-classical music
associations, wrote:

>These are some of the snapshots of the CM lifestyle that get stuck in
>the popular American psyche.

That may well be true, but those type of snapshots never were in my
American psyche.  John remembers the items he mentioned; he has had
particular life experiences and impacts.  My life experiences and impacts
are different.  What we remember and what registers in our brains are
different also.

>So Don, "shaky premises and inaccurate conclusions?"

John is referring to his premise that male list members write about their
affection/desire for women to counter the gay-classical music connection.
My answer to John's question has to be yes, because it don't apply to me
and I can't see any reason to *assume* it applies to any other list members
who write on the subject.  I just assume they like the *total woman* and
enjoy the topic; maybe that's an assumption I should dump.  Maybe I should
stop accepting the words of male list members who state they are married.
Maybe I'm not married either, and my wife Ellen Jane is really the name of
my collie.  But, I'm a gullible guy.  I believe what people say and intend
to continue that way.

One thing about Wendy Carlos.  I had no knowledge of any sex change until
I read it on this list.  I must live (internally) at the edge of the
communication highway.

Don Satz