Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 17 Aug 2000 16:02:13 GMT
From:
Donald Satz <[log in to unmask]>
These are a few of the new recordings scheduled for release in September
that I plan on considering, then buying:

Ton Koopman continues his Bach Cantata series with volume 10, another 3
cd set.  This will bring his cantata output to 31 discs as compared to
Suzuki's 12 cd's (each issued singly).

Paul McCreesh, on Archiv, gives us Handel's oratorio "Theodora" on a 3-cd
set.  I have this oratorio on Harmonia Mundi conducted by McGegan but have
thought that a much better performance was possible.  McCreesh might be the
one.

D'Anglebert harpsichord works have seen a few recordings over the past
15 years, and he gets a major boost from a prime-time company, Decca,
as Rousset performs on a 2-cd set.

James Conlon has been recording many Zemlinsky compositions.  His latest
is "Songs with Orchestra" which I'm eagerly looking forward to.

Pollini, on DG, has recorded Beethoven's Diabelli Variations.  Given
the length of the composition, this should be a well-filled cd, quite an
anomaly for a Pollini recording which can easily have under 50 minutes of
music.

Enjoy!

Don Satz