Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Fri, 28 Jul 2000 17:24:44 -0700
From:
"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>
Scott Morrison <[log in to unmask]> writes about:

>Alkan: Piano Concerto, Concerti da camera no 1-3
>Dmitry Feofanov, piano
>Robert Stankovsky, conductor
>Razumovsky Symphony Orchestra
>Naxos 8553702

Let me add another disc worthy of serious consideration at very low
expense.  It's Pierre Reach's piano performances of Alkan's Grande Sonate
pour Piano, Op. 33 and Op. 61.  These are lively, vivacious, and poetic
compositions no less energetically, poetically, and colorfully played.
I believe the CD caught my attention in a review in ARG, and the reviewer
is right.  The 1991 recording is full-throated, clean, and clear.  It's
a delight to play with some frequency, since it never fails to delight.

"D. Stephen Heersink" <[log in to unmask]>