Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Thu, 6 Jul 2000 01:16:28 EDT
From:
Jeremey McMillan <[log in to unmask]>
Mr. Norrman wrote:

>Brahms said many lousy things about women

Why do you think Brahms was a bachelor his whole life!

Back before the women's suffrage, feminist movements, and Rosie the
Riveter and all that other stuff, men assumed the dominant role in just
about every household.  Some men just took it too far like in Brahms case.
Beethoven also fell in out of love with many different women.  All of the
relationships he tried to have halfway broke his heart.  He always fell
in love with women who were, well, out of his leauge.  I believe this also
had something to do with his pride or arrogance.  He ended up being a
bachelor all his life as well, although I have heard rumors that he may
have had a child out of wedlock.  (Someone please respond to that!) Wagner
was horrible as well.  They say "Behind every good man is a good woman".
This may be why some of these composers fell in the "Jerk" category.  Some
were just too damn arrogant and they were to never experience true bliss
through love and hapiness with that special someone.  But then again I
must contradict myself.  Some people will rather not marry whether it be
for the sake of their art or any other reason.  I don't like to call these
composers jerks.  They left us some great music.  But their personalities
could probably make you gag in disgust.

Jeremey