From:
"Joseph A. Clark" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 16 Mar 2001 08:00:47 -0500
Hello All,

I've received a couple of replies to my posting that have made it clear
why we're not using Thai bees.  Aside from the legal issues, (and I
wasn't implying that we should ever try to sneak a perceived better
bee past customs or the USDA), the fact that they are either not
well suited to the U.S. winters, and that they do not have the standard
cell size of Apis meliflora, probably makes it infeasible to use them.

It's a shame, since they have a wonderful defense against varroa.
It may take a long time before European bees learn how to defend
themselves against mite infestations.

Still hoping for a natural cure to ensure honey remains pure.

Thank you once again to all of you.

Joseph A. Clark