From:
Alan Riach <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 29 Nov 2000 23:17:48 +0000
An electronic transponder for this task could be much simpler than most
of the devices being developed for warehouse/supermarket use since it
only needs to respond with one piece of data "I'm here". The warehouse
devices need to contain specific information "I'm here and I'm number
7654321(i.e. I'm unique)".
One "print" of transponder could be used by every beekeeper in the world

for every one of his queens.
Durability of the attaching glue may be an issue although the queen does

not "rough-house it" like the workers.

Alan Riach
Edinburgh, Scotland