From:
Andrys Basten <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Tue, 1 Aug 2000 21:11:47 -0700
Deryk Barker wrote:

>Although I recall Jeanne Lamon of Tafelmusik saying in an interview that
>they intended to record Vivaldi at some very high pitch (450?).  Don't
>recall how they knew...

Some recorders and flutes from the time were pitched higher.  I heard
Marion Verbruggen demonstrate some of these when some of us visited a home
and found her there, her actual recorders stolen and replaced for concerts
by a quick replacement set by a recorder maker in Boston.

Andrys in Berkeley
http://www.andrys.com/books.html   search sheet music, videos, CDs
http://www.andrys.com/cbooks.html  newer classical music books