From:
"Nicholas J. Yasillo" <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 20 Jul 2000 09:28:27 -0500
Any New York listers planning on attending the Caramoor International Music
Festival on July 28?

The Festival will be presenting a premiere of a new work for String Quartet
by Augusta Read Thomas called "Fugitive Star" played by the Avalon String
Quartet.

Since IMHO, Ms. Thomas is one of the most promising and interesting
composers of her generation, and since the Avalon Quartet is one of the
most talented and fastest rising group of young performers to have come
along in a while, I'm very disappointed to not be able to attend this
event.  If anyone on the list happens to get to this performance, I'd
sincerely appreciate a honest opinion of the concert.

For more info about the Caramoor Summer programs see:

   http://www.caramoor.com/music/summer00/

Nick Yasillo
Chicago