From:
Ron Chaplin <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Wed, 30 Aug 2000 19:56:53 GMT
Folks, Last weekend, I watched The Shining for the first time, in a
long time, on video.  This time, I was struck at how well the soundtrack
contributed to the forboding, violent and horrible atmosphere of the
movie.  Watching the credits I was pleasantly surprised to see the the
"non-original" music was composed by Bela Bartok, Hector Berlioz, Gyorgy
Ligeti, and Krzysztof Penderecki.  I accessed the Internet Movie Database.
All I could find was that Bartok's "Music for Strings, Percussion, and
Celesta" was used.  I couldn't find the names of the other pieces.  I
searched classical.net and the CDNOW and Tower websites but could not
find the sound track.  Would anyone know what music of Berlioz, Ligeti
and Penderecki was used?

Thanks, as always.

Ron Chaplin
Iselin, NJ 08830