From:
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 29 Jul 2000 09:57:19 -0500
Achim Breiling:

>Which other 20th century ballet works would list-members suggest
>me to try?

Off the top of my head:

Debussy: Jeux, Khamma, Le Martyre de St-Sebastien
Ravel: Daphnis et Chloe, Ma Mere L'Oye (one of my favorite Ravels)
Poulenc: Les Biches, Les Animaux modeles (one of my favorite Poulencs)
Vaughan Williams: Job
Holst: The Golden Goose, The Morning of the Year, The Lure
Walton: The Wise Virgins
Tommasini: Scarlattiana
Falla: El Sombrero de tres picos; El Amor Brujo
Lambert: Pomona, Romeo and Juliet, Tiresias
Hindemith: Der Daemon, Nobilissima Visione
Stravinsky: Firebird, Rite of Spring, Petrushka, Pulcinella, Apollo,
Orpheus, Agon
Weill: Sieben Todsuenden
Copland: Billy the Kid, Grogh, Dance Panels, Rodeo, Appalachian Spring
Thomson: Filling Station
Barber: Cave of the Heart
Menotti: Errand into the Maze
Gould: Fall River Legend, Birchfield Gallery, Audubon
Grainger: The Warriors
Dello Joio: Seraphic Dialogues, Diversion of Angels, Exaltation of Larks
Schuman: Undertow
Antheil: Capital of the World
Prokofiev: Romeo and Juliet, Cinderella
Shostakovich: Age of Gold