From:
Richard Courchesne <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Mon, 17 Jul 2000 20:55:42 -0400
I never really thought much about 'In My Life' until I heard the cover by
Judy Collins.  It became much more meaningful for me because of the way she
delivered it.  It can be the singer, as well as the song.

OTOH, I always thought 'Yesterday' was slightly slobbery, like an updated
'Melancholy Baby', sung in too many lounges by too many third rate singers.
A better song could have survived the desecration, but it was a song about
nostalgia written by and for those who had not yet lived long enough to
qualify for nostalgia (including me at the time).

Richard Courchesne