From:
Joyce Maier <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 9 Jul 2000 11:19:09 +0200
Jeremey McMillan asked:

>I want to know where I can find movies like this on composers like
>Chopin, Liszt, and Beethoven.  The movies I have seen are only in teacher's
>catalogs.  I know there is a movie named "Impromptu based on the life of
>Chopin, but I only saw it in the catalog.  ...

I shall not judge movies on Chopin or Liszt, since I'm not an expert
on these composers, but take my advice and forget about movies on Beethoven.
I've seen most of them (and I possess a handful on video), but there's
only one good enough to take it seriously and that's an Austrian, only
broadcasted in Austria and Germany, already a decade or so ago.  As far
I know it was never translated in whatever what other language.  The name
is "O Freunde, diese Toene!"

Greetings,
Joyce Maier
www.ademu.com/Beethoven