From:
Bill Pirkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sun, 2 Jul 2000 16:16:37 -0700
Jeff Grossman replies  to me ...

>I think that our society today, with its emphasis on instant
>gratification, is forcing more and more people to look at boredom
>as the ultimate evil.  It is not.

I agree that there is too much emphasis on instant gratification, but I do
fine boredom the intimate evil.  It seems to me to be totally unproductive,
often resulting in mild depression.  There is nothing wrong with wanted to
be entertained, even if its self-entertainment.  We all look for and expect
different things from music, but I expect not to be bored by it.  I fully
realize that music the bores me would inspire others.

Bill Pirkle