From:
Dave Mepham <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Sat, 1 Jul 2000 09:16:38 EDT
Some of the sale stock that they have in the London stores are deleted
stock as well, they may have since been reissued in newer packaging or in
one of their other series (eg, the deleted title may have been reissued as
a Legendary Recording etc etc), and some of these are absolute bargains.

I should, of course, remind that I'm rather biased in this, because I
work for HMV (but typing as a regular member!).  The Erato discs are a
bargain, and there's also most of the Belart series at a penny under three
quid.  The ones I'm going to stock up on are the old Tallis Scholars discs
- because Gimmell have separated back from Universal, they're going to be
reissuing the back catalogue.  Presumably to clear stocks of the old
Universal releases, they're at eight pounds instead of full price.  This
includes loads of the stuff on import (once they get deleted in the UK,
many go to IMS - the Germany warehouse for Universal).

Excuse the blatant advertising, but most of the same titles are available
at the same sale price (plus postage) on the website hmv.co.uk Okay, i'll

By the way, service aside (I know it's a big aside...) what do you think
of the new store now it's changed location? I'm not sure the stock is
massively higher, but I think it's far better in that new department.
At least the discs aren't all spine-on!

Cheers,
Dave