From:
Mimi Ezust <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:29:25 -0400
Jeremey McMillan wrote:

>But for the people who can understand music notation (they may or may not
>have perfect pitch) need to have some kind of heightened intelligence to be
>able to rapidly interpret the symbols into audible music for the rest of
>the world to hear and enjoy.  (People have always prized my "100 mph"
>sightreading skills)
>
>-Is anyone up for contradicting that last paragragh?-

Not I, kiddo.  You can be very proud of your lightning responses!  And I'm
sure when you start to play chambermusic you will be worth seven times your
weight in gold, at least to the other members of your group.

If people want to think you are intelligent, the smart thing to do is NOT
ARGUE with them.  Music can be played by dummies, but it's far more
interesting when intelligence joins the choir.

Mimi Ezust