From:
Bill Pirkle <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 30 Jun 2000 14:06:00 -0700
Peter Varley writes:

>There's a fairly well-known composer who still bores me (check the
>archives).  I'll give him another try soon, to see if I can find what it
>is other people hear in him, but I'm not all that optimistic about the
>prospects.  The mythical committee of a hundred would still rate him
>highly.

I don't know about you, if I'm bored for more than 60 seconds, I switch to
something else.  I find Tristan and Isolde boring as it goes on and on.  A
good example of non-boring music is Mendelssohn's G min concerto.  From the
opening to the end of the 1st movement, its like a book you can't put down,
it never stops, one wonderful passage after another - what a composer.  I
even find some of my CGCM boring in parts but I'm working on an algorithm
for that.  I don't know about others, but music must at least keep me
entertained, hopefully inspire me.

Bill Pirkle