Condense Mail Headers

Date:
Tue, 4 Jul 2000 17:05:20 +0800
From:
Danny Tan <[log in to unmask]>
I wonder if any list member has in their possession above mentioned CD,
which has Liszt's Les Preludes and Dvorak Overtures (Carnival, Othello,
In Nature Realm).  The conductor is Wolfgang Sawallisch with the
Philadelphia Orchestra.  This CD has provoked very negative (perhaps even
nasty!) comments from a reader in TAS, and has provoked a string of protest
replies from the writers at TAS and even from members of the orchestra as
well.  The argument from the reader is that this CD is purely created for
fabulous sounds, but in terms of musicality, it is pile of junk.  I do not
think that I will ever have a chance to lay my hand on this Water Lily
Accoustic?? label where I comes from, but is very interested to hear from
list members who may have this CD on the muscial performance in it.  any
comments anyone?