From:
Mats Norrman <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Fri, 14 Jul 2000 23:17:32 +0200
Steve Schwartz <[log in to unmask]> replies to me:

>Mats replies to me replying to Peter Varley:
>
>>>absolutely nothing, except that Atterberg wrote only one
>>>interesting piece
>
>>Uh? Which one interesting piece is the subject of this peculliar
>>statement?
>
>Obviously, it's the Suite No. 3.

Sure, the Suite Nr.3 is a dear interesting piece.  There used to circulate
a recording that I wanted to have, I ordered it a bouno time ago, but I
have heard nothing yet.  Could anyone on the list who should know, verify
if it has gone out of print or still is there? TELL ME NOW!!!!!!  *scream*

But I wouldn't say that Atterberg wrote only one interesting piece.  There
are many Atterberg pieces I enjoy which certainly inholds much beauty and
wit.  If I can't get what I want most, I could surely be satisfied with
other pieces according to their beauty and wit.

But to say something further, I know, of course, also that Atterbergs
pieces put demands upon the listener to be sensetive and witty as well,
however I could give the hint that when it comes to me, *I* don't see this
as a problem.  But maybe others do? But they should be few.  BTW listening
to Atterbergs "De Faavitska Jungfruarna" ("The stupid Virgins") is
certainly an experiance of rare caliber!  And most of my musical
acquaintances say so...

Mats Norrman