From:
Ralf Oehlmann <[log in to unmask]>
Date:
Thu, 15 Jun 2000 09:16:32 -0400
John Proffitt <[log in to unmask]> wrote:

>Me, too.  As Ramon knows so well, Sanderling is also very special in his
>Bruckner.  One of the very best Bruckner Thirds around, also on Berlin
>Classics.  Not to mention his Brahms symphony cycle recorded by Eterna and
>available in various incarnations--RCA Navigator and/or Eurodisc.  No
>better Brahms, period, IMO.

I'm confused.  The only Bruckner symphony of the Sanderlings is to my
knowledge the third by Kurt on Berlin Classics.  There are two Brahms
cycles by Thomas (none by Kurt?).  The RCA/Eurodisc cycle is with the
Dresden Staatskapelle the other one with the London Philharmonia is now
offered here in Germany on four discs for unbelievable 2 EURO ($2)!  I've
sampled his RCA cycle and enjoyed it very much.  Does anabody have
experience with his LPO cycle?

Best wishes,
Ralf Oehlmann